Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My thoughts on blogging

As you can tell from the infrequency of my blogs, I'm intrigued but not committed to blogging. More than anything, I struggle with finding the time to spend blogging. Oh, I'm full of things to say but lack the time to say it. There is plenty going on - political implosions in the Bush White House, good and bad television shows to critique, house improvements to comment on - yet I can't seem to find the time. Sad when you think of it. I started this blog to share my thoughts and feel more connected to the world around me but I don't have time which has led me to feel disconnected. Hmm. Perhaps I just found the source of my disconnection. Now that I have a cause, how to fix it?

I'm writing from the small working town of Canton, OH. A town with an identity crisis. About an hour south of Cleveland, it isn't East enough to be the Northeast but not part of the Midwest either. More affiliated with Pennsylvania than Illinois but not quite enough to be part of the Eastern Seaboard. An interesting place. Nice people but not much in metropolitan amenities. They do have the Football Hall of Fame, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm here on business, of course. This is not the sort of place I would find myself on vacation - albeit alone.

Well, I guess that's enough rambling for now. The start of a new attempt to commit to blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment