Monday, June 14, 2010

4 days and counting

Just 4 more days until the start of a very long and much needed vacation/road trip. My refrigerator is bare except for a few eggs, 1/2 a loaf of bread, 1/2 and 1/2 for my morning coffee and a dozen or so tortillas. Slim pickin's for sure but it's all part of the excitement for takeoff.
I've started packing and setting aside the things I'll need most - snacks, wine opener, reusable insulated coffee cups that fit in my cup holders. You know, the important stuff.

Today, I also had the essentials installed on the Jeep. Locking lug nuts, locking gas cap and trailer hitch. They gave it a once over for the trip and declared it road worthy. 5000+ miles in 16 days is nothing to sneeze at. Gotta make sure it's not going to be spent in a "Hitchhiker" movie remake.

Actually, my favorite movie reference so far has been to "Terminator" and Linda Hunt driving around in her Wrangler. I'd completely forgotten about that movie. A welcome reference. I'll take it. Maybe I'll meet some hot dude from the future who will father his own hero from the past. Or not.

So I'm cleaning up around the house, getting things all lined up and thinking about how cool it's going to be this time next week. I should be somewhere between Denver and Santa Fe next Monday evening. Check back and find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment