I've been a frequent flier for 20 years. (Hard to believe but yes, it's been that long.) It's not improving or improving in customer service or experience. It's actually just the opposite.
* Seats are uncomfortable.
* Food doesn't exist and what they do serve is expensive, unhealthy and mediocre at best. Even in 1st class, the food is less than exciting. I'd rather grab something in the airport rather than be served anything from the flying school lunch program.
* Beverage cart is stingy. I'm on 5 hour flights constantly. 4 oz of sugar soda over mostly ice 1 hour into the flight and again in the last 30 minutes is not "service". It's like they are indirectly trying to save money on toilet paper.
* Services do not live up to their name. Entertainment is eliminated. Comfort is eliminated. Friendliness is eliminated.
So I'm looking for ideas on how to avoid and eliminate the airline industry.
I've successfully eliminated cable from my life. Replaced with on demand services that provide what I want to watch, when I want to watch it for a fraction of the price of cable.
How do we do the same for airline travel? I've started with pushing myself into video conferencing and more digital connections. Takes some getting used to and requires adapting to a whole new way of interacting but I can see the benefits as others embrace the technology. If I can reduce my air travel by 1/2 by conducting meeting "virtually", that's a huge time, money and frustration saver.
What other ideas can I adopt to keep myself out of the airlines profit line?
I want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
S.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment