Sunday, May 13, 2012

Scheduling

I might need to set myself a reminder to blog.
Or better yet, to finish the blog and post it.

I just found 2 incomplete, unposted blogs in my list. Interesting stuff but those neural pathways must have died because I can't seem to remember the point I was trying to make. (The smart ass in my head says that I never make a point but I'm ignoring him for now.)

I've downloaded the app "BlogPress" onto my iPad so that should make things easier. It lets me blog easily from anywhere.  I just need to make it a priority. When I'm on my iPad, I'd rather be playing Words With Friends or checking out Facebook. You know, the easy stuff. Don't underestimate how important that stuff is. It's how I stay connected to many of my friends all over the world. I guess that's the interesting conundrum in all of this. It feels like fun but it's really an important stitch in my social structure.

The digital world has sucked so many of us in that we might actually have closer relationships to people living in distant geographies than those who live next door or down the street. I chat with many of you more on Facebook than I ever would otherwise. We get to see the events in each others lives that would go unknown because we don't have transporters and can't be everywhere at once.

You can't judge it as good or bad but can only observe that it is. It's part of our changing culture and is making the world bigger and smaller at the exact same time. I guess that's what makes it an interesting time.

In old books, movies, radio programs (when radio had programs) you would hear things about it being an interesting time. Every decade, every historic event, every cultural milestone happened at an "interesting time". Every generation thought the one before it sucked and was going to do it different. Every generation thinks future generations are lazy and the world is going to hell in a hand basket. But that's the beauty of experience, education (formal and informal) and perspective. You realize that it's all normal. It's the same at it's core. It's just managing change. Some are better than others at it. Some accept it faster. Some won't even try and will actually do everything in their power to try to stop it from happening. A lot like trying to stop the sun from rising or setting but if that's what drives them to get up every morning, go for it.

To them I say - please don't try to use your brake pads on me and I won't inflict my ability to drive like speed racer over you.

Off to schedule blogging time.

No comments:

Post a Comment