Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What's on your TiVo?

Want to know something about a person?

You can try looking in their medicine cabinet or in their junk drawer but I think you can really tell something about someone by the things they have recorded on their TiVo.
Are they savers or is everything marked for erasing at anytime? Comedy? Drama? Are they Season Pass holders or do they record things on the spur of the moment? What clues do their suggestions hold?

On my TiVo box you'll find:
(9) Everybody Loves Raymond episodes.
- Since the series finale, they are suggested but boy do they pile up.
(2) Mad About You
- Sort of the Everybody Loves Raymond of the early 90's. I remember it being funnier.
(5) Inhale
- I keep telliing myself I'm going to get up early and do Yoga. I record it but dont' get to it very often. I have the box set to a max of 5 episodes so it always looks like I'm only a week behind.
(5) Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- I loved these the first 100 times I saw them. I tape them because they are good filler for those times when there isn't anything on. Occassionally I'll bump into one I haven't seen (or don't remember) and get a good laugh. You can never have enough laughter in my book.
(1) Two and a Half Men
- This is one of those series that has grown on me over the last year or so. When the show started it's first season, I really didn't get it. Playboy Malibu brat takes in his uptight anal retentive brother and his sloppy smartmouthed nephew. Of course, chock full of one liners and a mean spirited mother dishing out her own version of reality. It's grown on me in the last year. The playboy brother has softened and shows his paternal side more. The anal retentive brothers rectal stick has shortened a bit and the sloppy smarthmouthed nephew has been sharpening his wit as he grows into a sloppy smartmouthed pre-teen. The funniest episodes always involve the kid but the brothers interaction involving their childhood issues are pretty funny as well.
(1) Desperate Housewives
- A guilty pleasure for sure. I think I'm most drawn to these 4 very different characters displaying different facets of all women everywhere. It's loosely tied together by a murder mystery, a love story, and marriages in various stages - mature and loving, adultery and outright loathing and divorce. The first season wrapped up quite nicely. It will be interesting to see what they come up with to hold the 2nd season together.
(76) Good Eats
- My addiction. I love this show. Part cooking, part science, mostly entertaining. Alton Brown is the "Bill Nye the science guy" for the Food TV network. I used to have 130 of them recorded but my box was dangerously close to full so we've figured out a way to record them to DVD and free up space. I could delete all but about 6 of them right now but why? I've deleted enough to make room for plenty of other shows and I still have them at hand to watch when I'm feeling like a little nosh with a side of science.
Movies (Adaptation, About Schmidt, An Affair to Remember, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood)
- I'm more of a movie person than a TV person but who has time to watch 2+ hours at a time? I like to keep them on hand just in case I find myself with time on my hands. Marked in yellow, if they disappear, I won't be heartbroken. There will always be more.
(14) TiVo Suggestions
- I use these to measure how full my box is. If I'm gathering suggestions, even bad ones, I must have plenty of room on the box. I knew it was time to clean off some Good Eats episodes when my suggestions sat at zero for days at a time. I know there were things to be recorded, just no room to do it.

I don't know what all this says about me or anyone else for that matter except that I don't have as much time as I'd like to watch TV.

What's on your TiVo box?

No comments:

Post a Comment